Montclair Pediatric Dental Care is a children's dental office that focuses on prevention and treatment of oral disease in children, adolescents, and individuals with special health care needs.
Dr. Manso believes that dentistry is a blend of science and artistry. Her inspiration for MPDC is children’s creativity, science, and art.
Meet Dr. Tyra J. Manso
Dr. Manso is a Board-Certified pediatric dentist. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with departmental distinction from the University of Illinois in 2001. She graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2006. Following dental school, she completed her pediatric dental residency in 2008 at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Manso works in private practice and has held hospital credentials at Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. She regularly performed full mouth rehabilitation at Coney Island Hospital, and served as a clinical professor for pediatric dentists in training at Harlem Hospital -Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Manso is an active member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the New Jersey Dental Association, and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Manso has provided free dental care to underserved children both internationally and domestically as a medical mission volunteer. She enjoys touring local schools and teaching kids how oral health can be fun. Her passions outside of teaching and dental health advocacy include traveling with her husband and son and participating in community events in Montclair, NJ, where she resides.
- Tyra J. Manso, D.D.S. Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist
- Dental School University of Michigan 2006
- 2 year Advanced Degree in Pediatric Dentistry Lutheran Medical Center 2008
- Specialty License Number 5877
- Board Member, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- New Jersey Dental Association (NJDA)
- New Jersey Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (NJAPD)
- Montclair Magazine: Top Pediatric Dentist, 2017, 2018
- New Jersey Family: New Jersey’s Favorite Kids’ Doc Recipient, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Best of Essex: Reader's choice award, Top Pediatric Dentist: Gold Medal 2018
Dr. Manso has provided free dental care to underserved children both internationally and domestically as a medical mission volunteer. She has provided dental care on mission trips to Ghana, Africa and New Orleans, LA, post Hurricane Katrina.
She enjoys touring local schools and teaching kids how oral health can be fun. If you'd like to have Dr. Manso and her Flossisaurus at your school or present to your organization please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org